Thursday, September 18, 2008

"A Mindless Affair"

Living is a mindless affair, and it's a good thing, because there is no mind. Mind is that to which the possessive pronoun "I" refers. I refers to me, me refers to myself and myself refers to nothing. That's it. There is no "my" self. There is no mind. They are one and the same.

Thoughts arise and this capacity for thinking is called mind. So there can be thoughts or there can be mind, but there can never be both simultaneously. They are just words for the same thing. Mind, self, ego, I, you are all words for the same illusion created by the single thought "I".

Trying to live mindlessly is unnecessary, because living is a mindless affair. There is no mind, there is no center, there is no you apart from me. That is the illusion created by words, and before words thoughts.

No comments: