Friday, April 24, 2009

Freedom

Freedom is not a state, not an achievement It is seeing from the perspective of a greater awareness. It's not that "I" achieve this greater awareness, or that "I" expand my consciousness. It really has nothing to do with me. Freedom is free of me. It doesn't need me. What a blow to the ego, to the "person" this is. But, that's just how it is. You are free and there's nothing you can do about it.

The you that wants to do something about it, that tries to do something about it, isn't free. It isn't free of the mind. It is the mind. How's that for a joke, the mind trying to go beyond the mind.

Greater awareness, or the Seer, as it is sometimes called, is free choicelessly. It is freedom itself. There isn't anything to do or not do. There isn't anything to achieve. There isn't anything to desire. It is simply at one. Any separation is seen as thought only. Without thinking, or without referencing thought, by simply noticing, one notices what, by nature, is always free: the Seer.

The Seer or Consciousness free of form is naturally free of "I" and "my" and thus always peaceful. What isn't peaceful is mind or "I." All problems are the property of "I." This is why you say, "they are "my" problems." "My" means they belong to "I" not to that which is aware of "I" or that which is aware of awareness. This is true also of desires, thoughts, feelings, fears, beliefs, opinions, judgments...the list goes on.

In the big picture, you are not the body but what sees the body. You are not thoughts but what sees the thoughts. In the big picture, you are what notices. What notices is what is free.

No comments: